Sunday, 27 September 2009

Running With The Fash Pack...London Fashion Week SS 2010


Okay, so America has Tavi, Europe has 14 year old Noa Leijdesdorff and Lev Livnev (love his red hair!) from brainsbeauty.wordpress.com.

Noa is Brains + Beauty's editor-in-chief, while Lev is the photographer (I held onto his TWO cameras while I was snapping these shots!). Their "about section" states that brains+beauty "is a blog for students from students. We are dedicated on providing the latest fashion and trends for students, so they can study and look stylish all at the same time…Brains + Beauty was launched December 2008 with a vision of supplying teenage girls with fashion advice, latest news on designers and more…all from one place so they could quickly update themselves on the fashion world and still have enough time to study…’Girls that are always up-to-date in fashion but also score top marks in algebra…Fashion-nerd-as! as we like to say’".


p.s. In the first shot is the guy who was managing the Matches on-site store....I saw him take a photograph of Noa and Lev and thought to myself, wouldn't it be cool to shoot him shooting them! So I did :)

17 comments:

  1. She's 14 years old and can walk in heels along that street. I can't. And I'm 14x2+1...

    ReplyDelete
  2. they are amazing! wow... so gorgeous. pity I'm too old to be australia's jnr blogger! haha
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful thing about Tavi is that she is super fab and still looks 13... and she dresses accordingly.
    I'm not crazy about a little girl playing grown-up.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Vanessa,

    Thanks so much for these great pictures, out of all of the ones taken at LFW these are definitely one of the best. They're better than the ones taken by Vogue! I hope to see you again next year at LFW.

    Noa.

    ReplyDelete
  5. They're stunning. It scares me a little that I'm jealous of 14 year olds.

    Having said that, in some ways I agree with the anonymous poster - I hope they're not spending their childhood wishing they were grown up.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm loving this Noa girl. And to anonymous: Tavi dresses as a grandmother and no one complains, her blog features a few pictures with 2 lines of text. Cut the Brainsbeauty blog girl some slack.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Look at these darling pictures I found of the same girl. I'm loving her headpiece.
    http://peopleinlondon.wordpress.com/2009/03/01/noa-ah-leijdesdorff/

    ReplyDelete
  8. Damn. The whole ultra young blogger thing is really brow raising right now.

    I have to say though, where the HECK did she get those shoes??? I want!!

    Karen x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Omg they are freakin adorbs!!! I wish I was that stylish when I was 14! yeesh!

    http://fashionroadkill-halifax.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks so much for this article! Very appreciated.

    If you'd like to see what I shot in the end, my flickr:
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/problematiche/

    ReplyDelete
  11. Okay, anonymous. Clearly, you know nothing about style. What Tavi does is TRY to be original, and that's kind of lame. When you TRY to do something, you are far from original. Noa's insanely talented at what she does and for the record her coat is gorgeous. People can respect Tavi and all that but no 13 year old dresses like that. Grandma fashion does not suit children.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Reading this about Noa, I can say, she is not spending her childhood wishing she was grown up. She is herself, a teenager, doing school, her blog and spending time with sisters and parents and friends. And the shoes are secondhand, from a vintage store in Bergerac..

    ReplyDelete
  13. That is soooo sad that even younger and younger girls (AND BOYS) are being even more and more worried about their weight. Look at that girl; those legs are ridiculous! But yeah, i blame the media and specially those unhealthy skeleton models.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Super cool..
    Its such an achievement to be so highly commended in the fashion industry at such a young age :D
    -Dont they both look cute, though?! :D

    ReplyDelete
  15. Fantastic pictures!
    And I'm pretty sure she's not pressured into being skinny...she's only 14 so ofcourse she's skinny!

    ReplyDelete
  16. 14? She's so small! I thought she was an even younger kid in heels! Ah well, despite that, these two are still very stylish. I especially love the boy's ensemble.

    ReplyDelete