Sunday, 30 November 2008
Thursday, 27 November 2008
So blame it. Not me. For the lack of interestingness of this post :)
I was thinking back over the last week and all the "interesting" things that have happened to me, like:
1. I lost the lens cap off the rental lens I was using for Monday's shoot- I have never lost the lens cap off any of the lenses that I own. Worrying.
2.When I was returning said lens to the rental place, I walked past a City Farm and thought I would say hello to two rather forlorn looking horses in a small paddock. Well, helllllooooooooooo, no wonder they are lonely- one just about took my finger clean off! I have never had a horse do that, EVER! Makes me wonder what two tetchy horses like that are doing in a children's educational farm! Very Worrying.
3.Since Mr Messy has been away, I have been sleeping in our "receiving room" (aka the lounge room) on an inflatable bed as it is waaay too cold in our bedroom (Mr Messy is like a portable heating device and generates enough heat to keep me warm and snuggly). However, last night, as I flopped down on the airbed it suddenly started to deflate....rapidly. Yikes! Despite examining the increasingly limp object for what seemed like hours I could not find the hole. Very, Very Worrying.
*said in the voice of Little Britain's Carol Beer
Wednesday, 26 November 2008
Tuesday, 25 November 2008
Now to the shoot with Jane and Eleanor- oh my, I couldn't have asked for two more gorgeous, fun gals! Jane is a spitting image of Princess Diana (she has amazing big blue eyes) and Eleanor (whose nickname is Pickle!!!) is the sweetest, cutest little girl. Eleanor was such a trooper who giggled, chatted and slept (yep, you read that correctly readers) her way through the long day and rather horrid weather. Jane was completely fabulous and didn't even laugh at me when I stepped in a massive, steaming pile of doggie poop at the park (WHY dear readers does that type of thing happen to me??!)
I will ask Jane if I can give y'all a sneaky peak of our session once I have processed the photos.
Thank you so much Jane and Eleanor- your "Pickle Smiles" made my day (and more than made up for evil, one-eyed, pudgy man!)
p.s. the ickle puppy above was NOT the purveyor of the poop. Trust me, it came from a much larger source than this little fella.
Sunday, 23 November 2008
Anyway, so yep, the little red port* is the newest addition to my props collection and is a sneak preview of what I will be using in my shoot tomorrow with a wee little girl called Eleanor and her mum, Jane. I am extremely excited about our session and have lots of ideas for the shoot which will (hopefully) go to plan if the weather holds. I have been obsessively checking Metcheck over the last few days and keeping my fingers, toes, legs, arms crossed that it doesn't rain. Cloudy I can deal with (great light for photos) but rain? not so much**
Eleanor's mum and I have been emailing back and forth preparing for our session. I can't wait to meet Eleanor as she sounds exactly like my kind of gal. When I asked her mum what sort of things she likes doing, top of the list (currently) is beetle hunting!!! Apparently this involves a wooden spoon, the park, and a fair amount of dirt- happy days indeed!*is port an Aussie term or do other people use this term for suitcase as well? I think it is rather sweet and reminds me of my grandma- she always used to talk about "packing/carrying her port", never her suitcase :)
**just checked Metcheck for the 50th time today and was rudely informed that "weather details currently unavailable"!! What the?
***phew, Metcheck now back on line and the weather man predicts...wait for it....SLEET!
Thursday, 20 November 2008
- I refuse to be the last person on earth without a blog;
- It is terribly self indulgent- and I adore a bit of shameless self indulgence!
- My "proper" website is "under construction" and appears to be more or less permanently so due to my computer, um, "issues";
- I am sick of whinging to myself (it never gets me anywhere) so now I can whine to the world at large. Sure, it will probably still get me nowhere but it feels so good;
- I am supremely confident that an art director from a glossy magazine or advertising agency will randomly happen across my blog, LOVE my work and commission me for a big editorial or advertising campaign. Yep, this is DEFINITELY going to happen and sooner rather than later ;)
- My friends and family back home in Aussieland often wonder what the heck I am up to over here in London due to some rather, um, re- lax-ed emailing habits (she types while looking around, whistling ) so this is a way of conning my A-List (you know who you are!) into looking at my photographs while letting them know I haven't been trampled to death by Christian Louboutin wearing fashionistas on the mean, lean streets of London;
- I am useless at keeping up with flickr, MySpace is way too cool for school, and facebook, well, I am a teensy bit over it;
- I am a self confessed blogstalker- now I want MY own blogstalkers. Even if there is only 2 of you.....(A listers, this is where you come in and make me look super popular- pleeeeeease!);
- I do a fair bit of "street photography" and often get asked by people why I want to take their photo. I normally mumble something unintelligible about a portfolio, street fashion, a project I am working on etc- which are all true- BUT don't make me seem overly sane (nobody comment on my sanity or lack there of, please!) or professional. At least now I can proudly say that "it is for my widely read and uber cool style blog!"
- Just because...
*um, yeah, so I don't really know how to make a dirty martini, not even a martini but it makes me sound rather hip!
**the photograph landed at the top of the post- it was suppose to be at the bottom. Mmmmmm another slight technological problem I need to sort out...along with about 20 others! I took this in London a couple of days ago- a young boy, his boisterous pup, playing chasey in the park- I couldn't resist a photograph. The dog's name was Charlie- I didn't catch the boys name. Typical Messy ;)