Thursday 9 April 2009

Street Style....60's/70's/80's vibe

Both of these utterly gorgeous girls would barely have been a wild, crazy "what if" thought in the back of their parents mind in the 80's let alone back in the 60's/70's.......but that hasn't stopped them taking influence from these eras and giving them a 2009 twist.

I love Dasha's (above) vibrant mix of colours (note her delicious red fingernails and glossy sheer red lips) and the little elements of the 60's/70's she has taken and worked back with shades of neutral grey. The headband, her little peace-sign earrings, the butterfly ring all hark back to more Bohemian times but then she's mixed it up with that pretty, girly skirt and a pair of Converse! And is that a bodysuit you are wearing Dasha???!!!!




And then this girl*? Those paperbag waist trousers? She was rockin' them. I had a pair of paperbag waist trousers in the 80's: I did not look this good in them! And her comfy, appliqued jumper? Well, that WAS from the 1980's- a little vintage piece she owns....







*I lost this girl's name.I know, I know: I must try and improve my name-remembering skills and/or at least ALWAYS write it down straight away. Apologies :)

5 comments:

  1. wow both so so pretty with great style!!where are these people hiding in london I never see any of them!!!!x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hee Hee! Yes, that is what my Dad says as well- where do you find them?!! I think that is why I love fashion week so much as there are just so many stylish/gorgeous people in the one spot- my legs don't get as tired wandering from one end of London to the other :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What lovely portraits! Your rapport with these people shines.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooooo thank you so much Cameron! I have just emailed you before reading this! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. they both look very pretty and i would like to say thank you all for helping me get through wearing new things !:>

    ReplyDelete