Sunday, 21 June 2009

London Street Style...Ruth

Ruth Griffin.
A fashion writer and stylist from Ireland (I have only met a handful of Irish people since I've been in London- what's wrong with me?! I need to meet more!), Ruth writes a daily blog for the Matches stores*. You can check it out here.

And what was she wearing? A floaty, very 1970's Celia Birtwell for Topshop "Mickelmas" jumpsuit.

*warning: do not click on the link if you are feeling stressed, poor and/or in need of a little retail therapy to get you through the Sunday night blues- Matches have their Spring/Summer 2009 sale on now. If you do peek, don't blame me if you end up with a poufy little Lanvin pink cocktail dress, a pair of Azzedine Alaia taupe ankle boots or a Tila March nude and yellow clutch which would all be perfect for right now....I shall not be held responsible!

p.s. but can I please borrow the Tila March clutch maybe? Just once a month or something ;-)


  1. hey vanessa,

    boring question a million people have probably asked you, but what do you shoot with?

    love your site

    xo holierthannow

  2. Ah...another streetstyle fashion blogger. You take some nice pictures too. I like this blog and I will definitely come back.

    Best wishes,


  3. amazing! i just added you to my favorite blog roll!


  4. hey vanessa, back from london, unpacking, founding your card, checking your blog, love it! i'll definitely keep coming back.

    have a nice day and good light :)


  5. Hey everyone, thanks for all your lovely comments!
    Holier Than Now: I use a secondhand Nikon D200 but I lust after a D3 or D700! The lens I have been using for most of my recent shots is the 85mm 1.4 lens which gives beautiful bokeh and a lovely blurry background (good for blurring out all those pesky white vans and people that drive/walk into my shot!)
    Jack Daniel- Thanks Mr Jack Daniel :)Hopefully I will get to Amsterdam at some stage and we can "make some photos together!"
    Zarna- Thank you! I have been so busy that I haven't had a chance to check out the blogs of everyone who has commented but I will do so as soon as I get back from Paris next week.
    Proxemicpatterns: Helllllloooooo!! It was so lovely to meet you on Saturday :) I hope the trip back to Slovakia was okay? and that you got some amazing photos on that beautiful film camera! I will be checking out your blog :)
    Wendy B- me too!

  6. How on this wild and crazy earth have I been missing your delightful little blog? I am so pleased with your writing, photographs, and wit...excellent in every way possible. Happy New Year...visiting your blog is my new resolution for the year...and hopefully many more to come. Bravo! xo