Sunday 21 June 2009

London Street Style...Ruth

Ruth Griffin.
A fashion writer and stylist from Ireland (I have only met a handful of Irish people since I've been in London- what's wrong with me?! I need to meet more!), Ruth writes a daily blog for the Matches stores*. You can check it out here.

And what was she wearing? A floaty, very 1970's Celia Birtwell for Topshop "Mickelmas" jumpsuit.

*warning: do not click on the link if you are feeling stressed, poor and/or in need of a little retail therapy to get you through the Sunday night blues- Matches have their Spring/Summer 2009 sale on now. If you do peek, don't blame me if you end up with a poufy little Lanvin pink cocktail dress, a pair of Azzedine Alaia taupe ankle boots or a Tila March nude and yellow clutch which would all be perfect for right now....I shall not be held responsible!

p.s. but can I please borrow the Tila March clutch maybe? Just once a month or something ;-)

7 comments:

  1. hey vanessa,

    boring question a million people have probably asked you, but what do you shoot with?

    love your site

    xo holierthannow

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah...another streetstyle fashion blogger. You take some nice pictures too. I like this blog and I will definitely come back.

    Best wishes,

    Daniel

    ReplyDelete
  3. amazing! i just added you to my favorite blog roll!

    -zarna
    http://zarnasrunway.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. hey vanessa, back from london, unpacking, founding your card, checking your blog, love it! i'll definitely keep coming back.

    have a nice day and good light :)

    iva

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey everyone, thanks for all your lovely comments!
    Holier Than Now: I use a secondhand Nikon D200 but I lust after a D3 or D700! The lens I have been using for most of my recent shots is the 85mm 1.4 lens which gives beautiful bokeh and a lovely blurry background (good for blurring out all those pesky white vans and people that drive/walk into my shot!)
    Jack Daniel- Thanks Mr Jack Daniel :)Hopefully I will get to Amsterdam at some stage and we can "make some photos together!"
    Zarna- Thank you! I have been so busy that I haven't had a chance to check out the blogs of everyone who has commented but I will do so as soon as I get back from Paris next week.
    Proxemicpatterns: Helllllloooooo!! It was so lovely to meet you on Saturday :) I hope the trip back to Slovakia was okay? and that you got some amazing photos on that beautiful film camera! I will be checking out your blog :)
    Wendy B- me too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. How on this wild and crazy earth have I been missing your delightful little blog? I am so pleased with your writing, photographs, and wit...excellent in every way possible. Happy New Year...visiting your blog is my new resolution for the year...and hopefully many more to come. Bravo! xo

    ReplyDelete