Carlos Rivera, Spanish fashion writer and author of men's style blog, El Sexo debil de la moda, which you can check out here. Carlos oozes style but in a wonderfully fresh, individual and, it has to be said, unnervingly sexy way. Is it the hair, the jewellery, the flash of chest peeking out of his floral shirt??? I don't know but I love it! It's dirty glam :)
I also really like the way Carlos writes on his blog- it's witty and not-too-serious but still fashion informative. For all of us non-Spanish speakers, Carlos has just started writing his posts in English (with the help of his tutor). Here are a few snippets from his latest post entitled "NOW":
"NOW the most fashionable trend is wearing old fashioned clothes, so.......
•Search your wardrobe looking for greatest basics from other times.
• Go to your grandparents house in your holiday break and steal the grandma's must haves, if she was wearing a Louis Vuitton bag it's an extra point for you and your futures looks, remember now is fashionable normal size bags, forgot your maxi, your shoulders are gonna be happier, so Now we're wearing female bags and what's the matter???
• Fall/winter is coming, i don't care! mix and match always Spring and Autumn, it's funnier and more affordable, maybe you can save some money for your oyster.
• How many friends do you have? you should share a bit more, (styling speaking,) ask your best friend for his favourites shoes, if you don't have the same size, it's your problem...
• Now is now, ok, nice...and what about before?, you can repeat a great look, the only one thing to remember; don't take pictures that day, Facebook can be a devil!!!...
• I'm 6'1, so 1.83 more or less, if you're shorter or taller than me you must wear men heels. The height gives you a different point of view.
• Winning colour combinations: firstly dark blue is the new black, since seasons ago, ok, mixed perfectly with black, together and forever. Secondly; acid colours, what's that? forget it for now.
• Prints: Leopard please, also you can wear other animals, polka dots-GYPSY-neo-hippie.
• Now is 70’s 80's and 90's. Three decades that are alive and kicking once again. Future Looks, as well, vampir-e-looks, and also, Barroco...
•You must have in your wardrobe: Black Blazer one button, con K of Kaiser for H&M, be careful if you've got a girlfriend or several, Now the boyfriend's style (by Karl, five years ago...), for her is one of her best trends. White t-shirt cotton and viscose, vintage jewellery, (Gianni is alive, so...VERSACE) finally regular cut and LASER jeans.
• The last thing is: customization yes, but just a touch!, put a ribbon in your favourite necklace, as NOW ribbon trend and black-liner is for the men!!!... "
Carlos is wearing a vintage jacket from the 70's and vintage 70's Bjorn Borg sunglasses (anyone tried his undies?).
p.s. I am starting to think that the Spanish are some of the sexiest people on earth...Lucia the other day, and now Carlos! Is it something in the olive oil?the cava? Hollllllllllllllaaaaaaaa!