Saturday 20 February 2010

Running With The Fash Pack....London Fashion Week A/W 2010

Woo Hoo! Welcome to London Fashion Week A/W 2010!!!!!


Okay, so slight excessive use of exclamation marks here but I am on my second (very strong) espresso of the morning and it is only 7:40am. Had a late night last night (work, not play, unfortunately) and got up at stupid-o-clock this morning to upload photos. Already I feel a wee bit drained. Anyhow, I shall solider on for the sake of you guys ;)


So, yesterday? What started off as a bit of a slow Day 1 went completely into turbo-charged overdrive in the afternoon with the most incredible spectacle, both on and off the catwalk, at the Hakaan show. Now I will readily admit that I didn't have much idea who this Hakaan was before the show.....I had a quick peek at his bio on the LFW website and knew he was Turkish but that was pretty much it *hangs head shamefacedly*. However I suspected something was up when the guests started to roll in:


Kate Moss (hellllllllooooooooooooooo!!!!), Carine Roitfeld (double helllllllooooooo!!), Emmanuelle Alt (I was drooling by this stage), George Cortina (who sat next to Ms Moss), David Walliams, and Stephen Gan. And that was just off the runway!


And on the runway? Lara Stone (damn that girl has a fab figure!I loved the look of utter pride on David Walliams face when Lara walked in the finale), Natalia Vodianova (Oh My Lord: how can she possibly have such an amazing figure after giving birth to all those babies?!), Natasha Poly, Anja Rubik....the list goes on.


And the clothes? wearable (although some of the cut-outs and catsuits would only really work on the most toned of figures) and rather special.


Hakaan we salute you.....and your celebrity friends!

And my dapper man here? Its fashion public relations manager, Matthew Zorpas, whose photo from last season I posted on Thursday!
p.s. Sorry guys- I was meaning to reply to your comments this morning cos I know some of you have asked me questions etc. I will get to them tonight as I have now run out of time.

10 comments:

  1. oh my i love his bag! wish my man carried one...can't really picture him, but still wish he did. and i love your writing! you should write more with your amazing photos :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Suited to perfection :)

    Wish guys in my country would dress like this! Oh and much much admiration all the way fom India :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. islandfairy: re his bag-he really does carry it well doesn't he.....My husband would look ridiculous with one! Thanks so much for the encouragement re the writing :)) I shall try and write more!

    L- correct! More photos of Matthew to come as the week progresses

    Alice- Hey Miss Alice-YES! Very Modern Mad Men :))) There are some fabulously well-dressed guys at this season's LFW, I am really impressed!

    RepulicofChic- Waves to you in India! One of my really great friends from Sydney has moved back home to Delhi- I would so love to visit India one day, it looks (so much colour and vibrancy) and sounds completely amazing. One of my favourite magazine editions was the TANK magazine "India" edition which focused on all the new talent in India- very inspiring.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think I have never seen any guys this nicely dressed here. I really like his smile, he seems so sincere and nice! I just have one question - which kind of lens are you usually using to take your streetstyle pics?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Manja- sorry, I meant to answer this ages ago and then couldn't find where you asked me.
    Anyhoo, I use a 85mm 1.4 lens (Nikon) although I also have a 50mm 1.8 lens as well. I think most of the street style photographers use a 50mm 1.4 or 50mm 1.2 (cannon) lens. Hope this helps.

    Dandy Fantastic- yes he is! I have more photos of him coming up in a week or so :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Vanessa Hope you doing well! i think you need to check this out:

    http://www.esquire.co.uk/2010/04/britains-best-dressed-man-matthew-zorpas/

    The picture is amazing! thank you once again!

    ps: i am looking forward for the rest coming;-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have just noticed that they post wrong credits! I will email them!

    ReplyDelete