Saturday 15 May 2010

Running With The Fash Pack...Australian Fashion Week 2010


And the award for the most pathetic blogger goes too.......ME! I know, I know-I am completely hopeless at keeping y'all updated while I am away. My only excuse for not blogging while I was in Brisbane was that neither my mum, nor my husband's parents have internet access at home so we were reduced to sitting in Mcdonald's carparks around Brissie and madly checking our emails whenever we could. It almost did my head in not having web access (even Starbucks at Chermside Shopping Centre had no wifi-what's up with that???!). And um, I was sort of out every night catching up with friends while I was in Sydney :))Anyway, I got back to London yesterday and am slowly catching up on all my emails and looking through all my Aus photos.

What can I say about Australia? It is a bluddy great country, and I appreciate it even more now I have been away for 3 years. If you haven't visited Australia, start saving now-you will completely and utterly love it. The weather is fantastic (okay, so it is a tad warm during summer: maybe go during April/May if you don't like the heat), the food, coffee and wine are amazing, the people are just so warm and friendly (and fabulously healthy and fit looking!), the beaches are outstanding....I could go on and on :)

I was completely blown away by the girls I photographed during Australian Fashion Week: Bare, (fake) tanned legs, sky-high heels (I barely saw a flat all week), short everything (shorty shorts, shorty skirts, shorty dresses), toned bodies (hence the short everything!), glowing golden skin, designer handbags, colour (barely any black), exposed underwear are just a few words that spring to mind when I think about what I photographed during the week.

And the Overseas Passenger Terminal setting? Just beautiful. I feel so fortunate to have had such a beautiful location to photograph in. I really hope I get to go back again next year to do it all over again :)








24 comments:

  1. love it! the shorts are the cutest and the color combination is so creative! the shoes are amazing! i think the Australians are getting at it, and have almost the best styles i have seen as like in NYC, L.A or London! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful, love her shorts and shoes, I want!

    tweet tweet tweet

    x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ta muchly Some Style and Clare! I think climate has a lot to do with fashion and style. Things that work in Europe and NYC would look slightly odd in Sydney- even in the middle of winter- and vise versa. I love her shorts and shoes as well! Oh, and her lovely golden tan!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Again, it's amazing how gorgeous she looks when she looks as if she could be strolling on the beach (except for the shoes that is).

    love those Miu Miu heels to, so perfect

    Great shoots as ever :)

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. i love the whimsy of her wrist ink.

    ReplyDelete
  6. @Christina- do you see it is little teeny tiny coathangers?!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey Vanessa! Welcome home. Sounds - and looks- absolutely lovely (apart from the no wifi but you know what? That's what holidays are for). What I wouldn't give for sunshine & swimming!!

    Love these photos, especially the top one. The background colours are so soft and subtle with her clothes. And like Toni: I love those perfect Miu Miu heels!

    Hope to see you soon. Are you still up for a coffee in South Ken? xo

    ReplyDelete
  8. the shoes make the outfit really special (and i'm not saying this because they're by miu miu) - unexpected. and yes, aussies (at east the ones in your pics, i haven't been there yet so i can't really tell) look very toned and healthy. bloody envy ;)

    ReplyDelete
  9. um ... methinks i'm gonna have to save this pic and steal that adorable wrist tat for myself! i'm in love with it!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yay for Australia! Love the simple outfit. I have those exact same shorts!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Of course you are neither useless nor pathetic, & these shots are among your best. Congratulations.

    http://davidikus.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  12. love love love, the outfit is so casual yet completely spot on. Can't wait for some sun in London that lasts longer than a day so we too can get the summer clothes out. xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Who makes shorts? Love them. Love the pic.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love all the updates!! Glad you got back to London safely, but what a shame to leave Australia...

    ReplyDelete
  15. vanessa !

    oh my gosh. i am absolutely obsessed with your photo's from aussie.
    so crazy that i did a post about australia just before you came back and blessed us with your beautiful shots.

    i can't even describe how much i want to go ! i'm actually scared to go because i feel like i won't ever want to leave... :)


    your shots are amazing and seriously capture the true genuine beauty of the people + land.

    must find a way to get there.

    have a glorious week beauty

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Great look so chic and simple....
    Her heels are super high!!! Love your blog, hope you can updated often :)) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  17. OH HHHHHHH!! YAY! She is stunning - her shoes are DEVINE! Amazing shots hon! Australia is missing you already and is sad you teased us with such a short visit! :(

    xxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  18. Ooo you guys are too sweet! Thank you so much. The light was like this most afternoons just as the sun was going down. Unfortunately whenever the light was like this, noone was around for me to photograph! Always the way!

    @Curiouser and Curiouser- ha ha Jo! Yep, I am still wearing my thick winter jumper now I am back in London! Still, the light tonight was incredible! Lets hope it stays like this for the next couple of months :))

    @leeselooks- Ooooo you MUST plan to go one day- it is such a beautiful country and everyone (well, mostly everyone!) is so friendly. It is just such a long way away...

    @anonymous- not sure who makes the little shorts. Hopefully somebody will come along and let us know.

    @LoveMOre- Bel!!! Oh my lord- you must have been up LATE?! It was too short a visit :(( We have a wedding to go to this weekend in Tuscany so had to come back for it. I wish we could have stayed longer.....

    ReplyDelete
  19. oh là là, j'adore les chaussures

    ReplyDelete
  20. Vanessa, all your Australian photos are gorgeous! You're making me completely homesick...

    This girl is so adorable - who is she? I must know where those shorts are from!

    Miss B xx

    http://agirlastyle.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete
  21. I think her shoes are actually by Steve Madden! (http://m.stevemadden.com/aHR0cDovL3d3dy5zdGV2ZW1hZGRlbi5jb20vaXRlbS5hc3B4P2lkPTUxODIzJnBhdGg9fHdvbWVucyBzaG9lc3xjbG9nc3w%3D)
    ...and her shorts are Witchery - I bought them on sale for an $35!!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Correction on her clogs - you CAN buy a cheaper version from Steve Madden :)

    ReplyDelete