Sunday 14 March 2010

Running With The Fash Pack.....Paris Fashion Week A/W 2010

This is my super stylish friend Guerre from Swagger 360.

In another slightly odd story, I actually I met Guerre in late May last year as I was wandering around the Marais in Paris with my camera (I suspect I posted the photo in early June last year if you want to take a peek). I actually thought he was French and started asking him in my hopeless French (which normally involves a loud, confident Bonjour followed by the liberal and mumbled use of "le" in front of everything!) whether he would mind me taking his photo. And then I found out Guerre is actually from New York and has a street style blog over there. Anyway, we have kept in touch since then, and when I went to NYC in October last year, I was having coffee with my other friend Craig from AltaMira NYC when up walks Guerre! Bizarre!

I had the best time in Paris hanging out with Guerre, Craig and a few other really awesome people. For me, Fashion Weeks are like having an office job again, albeit for only a few weeks a year. As a freelance photographer, I spend a lot of time by myself, at home, working on photos without anyone to talk to (yes, I have made friends with the guys at my corner shop and the DHL delivery lady!). And I really miss the social interaction that working in an office brings. So during fashion week, it is great to chat, laugh and learn from my "colleagues"....as well as take oodles of photos, of course!

Anyway, enough waffling, I took these pics of Guerre in the Tuileries when a few of us were hanging out before one of the shows. Every day Guerre looked fab (I heard one guy describe him as very Ralph Lauren*) so I will post more photos of him later.

*most of what Guerre wears is well chosen vintage.

9 comments:

  1. oooh he is always so handsomely dressed.. intelligent as well. I do enjoy his blogs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Rhianna- how are you?!
    Oh yeah, I forgot to add that he speaks perfect French. I was waffling on to someone in franglais (more anglaise than French) when Guerre just starts speaking in immaculate French!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like his jacket
    I wish I could have the same

    Fred

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is an absolutely fantastic colour combination. I am looking for very colourful summer trousers - do you think cords would be too warm? Otherwise, I shall simply follow his lead! (Cords are bloody expensive, though!)

    http://davidikus.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey David- well, let me tell you Paris was SO cold despite (or rather because of) the skies being so blue! I had 2 thermals and 2 dresses on at one stage plus my giant caped jumper and then tights under my jeans. So I suspect Guerre's cords were for winter wear rather than summer....I can't imagine anyone wearing cords in summer in Australia, for example, they would be unbearably hot and sticky. I would probably confine them to transitional wear ie Spring, and then keep them for winter. I must ask Guerre whether he ever wears cords in summer-I will get back to you David.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! Something about him just screams style and confidence. Great find.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Just discovered your blog through Guerre's and am loving it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love your blog! I discovered it after seeing your photos in Lucky and you're very talented. PS- I'm so... jealous that you got to spend the week in Paris with my friend. Guerre's an amazing gentleman inside and out.

    ReplyDelete
  9. The Photodiartist and Anon- ooo I am intrigued about both of you! Guerre is an awesome, awesome guy- such a gentleman. What he writes on his blog is the real deal: he lives and breathes style and has a very gentle manner. Anon- hey that is cool you saw my photos in Lucky! I really like Lucky magazine- it just isn't available here in the UK now Borders is dead :(

    ReplyDelete