Monday 2 March 2009

Running with the Fash Pack....London Fashion Week A/W 09

Sometimes I just shouldn't be allowed out of the house, or at least, my mouth shouldn't be. I don't know what comes over me but I have the ability to stay the daftest, most inappropriate things at times. It is truly a wondrous (unwanted) talent I possess. Like, last week, when I met Scott Schuman (The Sartorialist) I managed to blurt out something about the Dog Whisperer (you know, Cesar Millan, the guy who rehabilitates and rebalances wayward pooches- one of my favourite shows on television).... it wasn't even close to being relevant to our discussion but it popped into my head and before I knew it had bubbled out of my mouth. Being a calm-assertive pack leader has nothing whatsoever to do with fashion or taking photographs....hmmmm, or does it?!

And then today I had to pop into Oxford Street to pick up the new U2 CD* for Mr Messy's birthday (Happy Birthday Mr Messy!). And I may have made a little detour to Selfridges in the process ;-) So I was happily minding my own business (read: spraying myself with liberal amounts of Tom Ford perfume) when a gentleman asked if I would like to try the new Guerlain fragrance. So I did. And then he asked me what I thought of it. And I told him. Um, that it sort of reminded me of a "nana" fragrance, errr, like something my grandma would have worn (lets just say that it had strong notes of violet). This was obviously not the right thing to say as he looked me up and down disdainfully before flouncing off. I felt bad: I just should have said it smelt "different" or "unusual".

And then I bumped into the girl with the purple shoes in the 4th photo (below) in Boots chemist today. And I felt the compulsion to tell her I had photographed her at LFW last week.....And it was all just a bit embarrassing and weird. I kind of just wanted the ground to swallow me up...

And then there are my various attempts at making conversation on the Tube and....



Loving that red hair:


Kate Lanphear, Senior Fashion and Style editor at Elle (US):


The girl with the purple shoes:







Model, off-duty:
Continuing my littlest fashionista series, this wee girl was very sweet. Um, except I think the look on her face says "Listen up here strange lady, back it up and step away with that camera from me and my penguin!"

*anyone else purchased the CD yet???

No comments:

Post a Comment